2 cups warm water
2/3 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
6 cups all purpose flour
1. In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in the yeast. Allow to proof for 20 minutes.
3. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn to coat the dough. Cover with a damp cloth and store in a warm, dry place for 1 hour.
4. Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes, and divide in half.
5. Place in well oiled bread pans and shape dough into loaves. Cover the pans and let them sit for 30 minutes. The dough should rise more.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.