Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year's Resolutions


  It's a new year and time for a fresh start. Now everyone knows about new years resolutions. You either believe in them and faithfully make them every year or you think they are silly. I fall into the latter category. However, I need (NEED) to get healthy. I am getting older not younger and I need to have a little more respect for my body. New year, new body. Whoa! I need to slow down a little.
  I am one of those people who get really excited about whatever project I am currently on and then after some time I lose interest. Same goes with weight loss. I think I have tried every diet known to man, and then some! But after I loose that first twenty pounds I start thinking the old way. The "Hey, I can eat that and not exercise way." And before long I have gained every single pound back and sometimes a couple more. So this year I am going to go about it in a different way. I am going to start by giving up one vice at a time.
  My first and worst vice is soda. I am not a diet soda kinda gal. I know some of you live and breath diet sodas, but I am not. I went from drinking a soda with lunch and dinner to not drinking water at all. I caught myself going for the can instead of the sink more often than not. If you think about it an average can of soda is 100 calories. Take that and multiply that by ten, and whoa! I was drinking my daily calorie intake and still eating it as well! So vice el numero uno......SODA. I am on day number two and going strong. Water and tea for me please. 
  What are you giving up for 2012?
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment