Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Iced Coffee

Coffee is one of my must have's in life! It gets me through the morning and sometimes through the afternoon. Coffee is a staple in my diet. I am eternally grateful for the person who invented coffee. My problem is that I can not drink hot coffee on a hot day. And living in Florida, that is pretty much every day. I have to have iced coffee so I don't sweat to death. (Gross, I know, but true!) The ice ends up melting in the coffee and watering it down so that the last little bit of coffee is undrinkable. There must be some solution to this! I have frozen coffee in ice trays to use as cubes, but it just isn't the same. So I scoured the internet for hours, or minutes thanks to Google, for the solution. Pioneer Woman is a genius! She had the answer. She has a process where you actually steep the coffee grounds in water and keep it in the fridge. So the coffee itself is cold from start to finish. It is nice and strong, but more importantly cold! Here is the link to said genius article (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/06/perfect-iced-coffee/comment-page-7/). I tried it, super easy, and super delicious! Yay! Thank you Pioneer Woman!





Enjoy!
Photobucket
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment