Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thursday's Tip: Homemade Taco Seasoning

In our house tacos reign supreme! We have a serious love for tacos. I used to buy the little packet of taco seasoning and think nothing of it. As I started trying to feed our family on a tighter budget I started cutting out small things that are easy to make at home. Taco seasoning is one of them. It is so super easy to make, minutes people! I like to make a large batch and freeze it. It lasts longer and is ready to use whenever I need it. Remember a dollar here and there adds up!


Taco Seasoning:

2 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Mix it all up in a bowl. Store in an airtight container in the freezer. Done! Easy peasy!

 Happy Mixing!
Photobucket
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment